• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

D3A-300B Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But the capacitor is from catohode bypass cap to 450v B+ ?

Attachments

• ciudad 90% poblada.jpg
    ciudad 90% poblada.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 425
for my own DRD or loftin white Set amp i always prefer the usual bypass cap to ground with big film caps than any ultrapath type as it always bring some positive feedbach ( sounds more natural without for my ears).

I find the opposite. Go figure.

In some recent builds I have been cap coupling to a source follower, using negative grid bias, chiefly due to the specs of some power transformers I had on hand.

To be honest, this is quite decent as well. Next step for this will probably be push-pull using mosfet concertina.

I built this very amplifier and mine is stable and the best sounding amp I have ever owned. I did a few things different. I bought a pair of tent labs filament supplies for the 300B heaters and I built a circuit board for the amp portion. I also bought Soviet power supply caps on ebay for the 8uf and the 100uf.
I love this amp. With good dsd source files it sounds like the band is in your living room.

Attachments

• 300B Amp.PNG
    300B Amp.PNG
    261.1 KB · Views: 241
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.