• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

precision fidelity C-9 tube preamp schematics HELP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am hoping you guys could help me out...PLEASE..
I'm having issues with my preamp and to make it worst its modded...
one channel is out...now my local tech needs an schematics for it... there are C7 and C4 schematics online, and they are probably different...maybe C7.. any help?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 204
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 211
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 225
While a schematic would help, having one channel that works and one that doesn't provides a ton of information on how to proceed on the repair.

The first step for the tech would be to take voltage readings on each tube pin on the working channel, then repeat the process for the non working channel.

There will likely be a difference in voltages between working and non-working (and if there isn't, that's also super informative). The specific differences will tell you how to proceed with the repair.

If both channels are out, that's more annoying, but most often a power supply issue. Luckily you don't have that going on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.