• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Which chinese amp should I go for ?

Which amp should I go for?

• Amplifier #1 Himing Rival Fu-50

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Amplifier #2 Nobsound 2017 Handmade 6P1

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can name a couple amps off the top of my head you can build for ~$500. Pete Millet's DCPP (push-pull 18w/ch) and George Anderson's tubelab SSE (single ended 8-12w/ch) using common tubes.

Both amps can be used with Edcor transformers, or others. No modding required.

jeff

Why a chinese amp? because it is cheap? You should listen to the amplifier before, and completing a ocean wide transactions is not easy to return the product.
These guys work 12 hours a day to ear $30USD per month, I take my hat off for these guys they are great, as seen on Prima Luna, Line Magnetic, Melody or Ming-Da, when I can I buy Chinese. In western countries also there are lazy and negligent people as well.

Last edited:
Sadly the seller of the second amp doesn't want to give the schematics because it's a "finished product". I think I have made my mind as to what I will do. I will buy the second amp and replace the tubes with 2x RCA 6SN7, 4x RCA 6AQ5A and one RCA 5U4G.

I will buy a RCA switcher and take it out of its case and put it inside the amp and wire it to the amp. I will drill holes for the rca inputs on the case. For the bluetooth I will buy one of those car bluetooth receivers that has a 3.5mm output. I will connect that to a rca male to a 3.5mm female and wire it to the amp.

I will use one of the switchers inputs to wire the bluetooth so I can switch it at will. Will try to keep it as clean as possible.

I've bought a lot of chinese and russian tubes before since this will be my 4th amp. Except for some Voshkod tubes all the other chinese tubes or Russian tubes I did not like the sound. Chinese tubes generally focus on the highs and don't have as much bass as American tubes(from my experience) american made tubes sound better all around especially 1950's tubes. I usually go with brands I trust like Western Electric,RCA and GE.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.