• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

MC275 OPT manual rewinding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what we teach is the theory and testing and analysis.

It's a 2 year auto service program but it actually transfer to a a 4 year at the larger universities in Automotive electronics engineering and design.
We of course teach the basics but cars today are so much involved then they once were..I get a kick how some shops plug in a code scanner and start replacing parts especially when they may have 4 or 5 codes appear and they still don't fix the problem.
I teach them how to pull and test the O2 sensors and put them in a vice and heat them up with a torch until you reach 650 deg and then with the 12v applied,I have them show me that the output voltage can vary from 250mv to 750v and this is important because its one of the inputs to put the system that puts into closed loop status..I have them do this with Map sensors but they have to graph it out from 1psi to 10psi applied with a vacuum pump and the voltage applied but it has to be a linear straight line or its bad. We basically do this with all the sensors but many you can check with an ohmmeter like the TPS..The big thing we teach is data analysis and interpretation from the scanner..Long and short fuel trim,Iac count,14.7 to 1 air fuel ratio and the list goes on.This way they aren't replacing parts that aren't bad.There are so many things that can trip the mil light that will bring up a code that doesn't relate to the actual problem. We also do fuel pressure testing,and parasitic draw vs key on engine off from the ECM and body control module. This is a 9 week class and we meet 2 and half days a week but I make it fun for them. We cover lots of stuff tho.

Last edited:
Hi

Thank you to jazbo8 for helping me with my account(s) :)

I have made a simple high voltage wire test. Twisted 0.45mm copper wire (0.35mm copper without insulation) connected to a "non destructive" Megger.
1KV ok, 2KV ok, 5KV ok, 10KV fail.

IMG_20160418_132403.jpg

Best regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.