• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

GlassWare

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not know if this is the right place to start a thread here about this subject but I am pretty sure that a lot of members here on this tube audio part
do know about "GlassWare" software. At least I am.

But is this site still "alive and kicking”?

In the very, very past I purchased some software from this great site then owned by John Broskie but I now have the uncomfortable feeling that it is "dead". Or am I wrong?

Joined 2011
In the very, very past I purchased some software from this great site then owned
by John Broskie but I now have the uncomfortable feeling that it is "dead". Or am I wrong?

The programs are all 32 bit and will not run on a modern 64 bit OS.
He may update them at some point in the future.

"For those of you who still have old computers running Windows XP (32-bit) or any other Windows 32-bit OS,
I have setup the download availability of my old old standards: Tube CAD, SE Amp CAD, and Audio Gadgets.
The downloads are at the GlassWare-Yahoo store and the price is only $9.95 for each program."

His site is otherwise very much alive. Check the dates on his blog here. Tube CAD Journal

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...push pull program to work on my 64 bit...

I'll be dinged!! I assumed John was infallible. But at your prod, I went looking for my PP install file. No, but I did have a copy of the installed PPC folder from my XP(32) machine. In my Win7-64 PC, I clicked on the EXE, it runs perfectly fine!!

There may still be a 64-bit glitch in the installer (I have heard of such).

It is interesting what-works and what-dont-work, old code in MS-64. IMHO, any decent 64-bit O/S "should" run all the legacy-32 code. Just as QD/MS-DOS was a 16-bit hack of 8-bit CP/M. Just as Win3.11 in 32-bit mode emulated all of a 8088 CPU and 99% of an IBM PC. All this comes from DEC (and IBM) who were pushing bigger machines but had to support older code to get sales.

Attachments

• PeePeeCalc-64bitOS.jpg
    PeePeeCalc-64bitOS.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 367
Hi, I run Tube Cad and Gadgets in VBOX with a Win 10/32 bit OS in the Box. One thing that can cause issues is the printer (hard to believe it would stop the programs from running , not just printing). My HP laser causes it to fail to start without explaining why. Just switch the default on it to something else and try it. Mine loaded fine with a Dymo label maker as default. Just reset it to actually print something.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.