• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Graaf OTL 20 amp

Disabled Account
Joined 2013
That is the only schematic floating on the net. Heard it's used to be problematic, fine once is fixed.

Attachments

• graaf20.gif
    graaf20.gif
    243.2 KB · Views: 1,112
Thank you so much, yes it is the modle with the copper filiment supply bars
Someone did a poor repair befor I got it, so a scematic will help imensly. Checked
bias and balance is ok. My Email is ....deleted....
Much appriciated , Bill

Sent you the schematic.

Because of the heat, the big PSU capacitors can cause hum and need to be replaced once in while. Also some of the electrolytics inside. If I got a humming GM-20 with unknown story, I would have replaced all the electrolytics. They may be close to 20 yrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you agree to publish your schematic? Mine is the official one (see post 4) and I added the parts values myself. It is on paper only.

In the other thread you mention you can see contributions of people who do not know the amplifier.

This is is dangerous, for amp and speakers, but I will not comment more..

You write "I am the guy with the gm-20 page". Where can we find it ?

Thank you for the schematic. I have no time to cross check the parts with what I have.

I think that the one of post 4 is from the factory. So I see no copyright issue with yours.
Is it made by some german fellow?

Looking in my company documents the drawing style is a little bit different among models.
I believe this one (#4) is accurate however. I have no idea of the original characteristics of
NTC MV1.

This said I can help with repair of other GRAAF amps also, but the old schematic paper
copies I own are bad and useless to scan or duplicate after more than 20 years.

Perhaps we should start a GRAAF schematic collection here at DIYA.

( GRAAF : Gruppo Ricerche Audio Alta Fedelta ) HiFi Research Group ..

Dear Nightpuma!

I have the similar situation as William Brinsmead.
It would be a great pleasure me if you sent me the schematic you have. Some PCB layout should be handful too if reachable.
my e-mail is: deleted....
Thanks and best regards: Roland Bagi

Last edited by a moderator: