• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Newbie with Tannoy grfs, helpme to choice a good amp to them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

First of all welcome on the forum.

If I recall correctly the Tannoy GRFs are very efficient speakers so you won't need much in terms of Watts.

Do you have any particular preference regarding the output
tube(s) you'd like to use?

Cheers,;)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Welcome to the forum. EL84 works very nicely with Tannoys. A push-pull 10W EL84 amplifier should sound very nice. Try a search on the forum - there are lots of designs.

It's not the valves you have that decide a design, it's the transformers and chokes (they're more expensive). A push-pull design is slightly more complex than single-ended, but success is almost guaranteed. Single-ended amplifiers are more sensitive to component and layout changes.

Hi, thanks a lot, my sources are mostly lps, cds, radio and some dvd-audio. The phono stage should be in the pre? What pre is better for the el84. I have somes 12au7,12ax7,12at7. and likes me with some kind of control of bass and trebble.any sugestions?
Thanks at all for your patience.

Hi, i finally choose the leak stereo 20, for my first project.
I post the schematic for your mods or sugestions .Thanks for helpme in this project.
Federico.

Attachments

• stereo20.gif
    stereo20.gif
    68.7 KB · Views: 119
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.