• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Single Ended 2A3/6A3/6B4G DC coupled & Transformer choices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amorphous & Nano

Hi, earlier postings regarding plate loading with a tube rather than a choke or SS device has anyone got idea's schematics regarding this for either voltage amps or driver tubes please ?

MY MORE RECENT CUSTOM MADE WORK WITH AMORPHOUS HAS LED TO OUTSTANDING RESULTS ACROSS THE EXTENDED FREQUENCY BAND 20Hz -80Khz but at -2dB 1 watt
Nano will go beyond this !
Listening tests give these metals a lead over M6,M4,M3 in terms of lower distortion and clarity.
More metal resulted in better bass response as expected

Is it Monolith Magnetics? They have a good reputation. I know they can do custom wind jobs too. At first glance their export prices don't look terrible. Of course they have a reputation for BIG transformers, and shipping alone might make a purchase un-economical for some buyers.

Their PSU chokes are tempting, but am pretty happy with Lundahl. Their plate chokes look a bit pricey too.

However, their interstage transformers are kind of interesting to me. The IT-01 and IT-03/25 have some impressive specs...

Haze - have you used these interstages before? Are they potted? To be honest, I prefer non-potted if it can be had cheaper. Ever compared them to Lundahl?

Of course this gets totally off topic... sorry for this question.
I can attest to those Monolith ITs, very special transformer! Took my amp to another level.
The OPTs are very good as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.