• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6GH8-6CZ5 Tube Amp Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone, I need some advice please. I have a Knight Kit Stereo 40, KA-55 Amplifier that is trashed. I want to use the Power and Output transformers for this project if feasible. The first RCA schematic comes up in a few places on line. The second schematic also shows up on the net and has a few voltages attached that some seem incorrect in the power supply. Also attached is an ultra linear set up from a Seeburg jukebox amp that uses the same value resistors for the 7199 tube as the rca schematic shows. What I want to do is use 6GH8 and 6CZ5 tubes in this amp and use it as a power amp. I started working on a schematic according to the Sylvania 6CZ5 tube data sheets and what I have on hand around here. Please be kind, this is my first project and I am stumped as to if this will even work. I have rebuilt several amps in the past. Thanks, Tom
you wanted to get the AB-Q module connected to amplifier with 6GH8 and 6CZ5 tubes
Pavel
k84XJ.jpg

Last edited:
The auto bias board will not work for me. I will have right at -24.65v at 10k with nice, even, steady negative voltage. I think that will work fine to get the -23.5v or whatever I need (if) I did this correctly. Please see schematic. If not please tell me. Also attached are a couple naked pictures of what I am working with. I will mount the choke where the 115v receptacles where. Thanks

Attachments

• 6GH8-6CZ5 Bias Supply.pdf
    464.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN0473.JPG
    DSCN0473.JPG
    611.4 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0465.JPG
    DSCN0465.JPG
    531.3 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN0462.JPG
    DSCN0462.JPG
    530.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
pavlikkkk,

I am new here. I am an amateur trying to learn. I contacted you privately through this site and Ebay, I told you my parameters. I do not have enough voltage to run your board. Why do you want an explanation of an opinion where your board clearly will not work. then you post the wrong schematic. You have forum threads of your own on this subject. I don't need a salesmen when what I need really need is help with my project which you have knowledge of and could help offer a solution. Think about it before you hijack a thread again for your own personal gain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.