• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help troubleshooting my first SE OPT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The thread did not change. I started a new thread, because this one was about building it, adjusting and testing on a prototype amplifier, and the new one was about something that happened on the real amplifier I planned it to use. But this is against the Forum Rules, and I said SORRY.

popilin, I never said that I didn't understand the air gap equations. You tried to help, and I said THANK YOU. Maybe I didn't explained myself correctly, but I already know about theory, and I did the calculations rigorously, using the equations described by P.Turner, and they worked perfect in the standalone tests.

In fact, yesterday, after some more checks and testing (as I said I was going to do; sorry if my life is so busy I cannot do what you tell me right away), I found that the problem was in the grid circuit of one output tube.

My OPT is definitely perfect. In a blind channel test, using the exact same mono source, alternatively driving each speaker at nearly full power, it is impossible to tell with OPT is mine.

Thanks again to every one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.