• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Need help from tube buffs: 6H1 or 6N1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I've got a tube output module installed on my CD and it takes according to the manufacturer 6CG7, 6N11, ECC88,6DJ8, 6922 and 6H1. As you know all of them are apparently members of the same family of tubes. But, if I've done my research properly, one of them seems to be a odd one out: the 6H1. Could it be that the H is the russian way of writing the N and in reality the 6H1 should read 6N1? There are a lot of them at good prices on the internet and I could do with some for replacement service.
Thanks in advance.

That output preamp is connected to a Tda1541 without oversampling in an old and overhauled Rotel 855. Honestly, I was more worried about compatibility than sound quality. I've got 6922 by Siemens, Mullard, but I thought it would be a good idea to get some russians for back-up service.
Thanks for your help.

That output preamp is connected to a Tda1541 without oversampling in an old and overhauled Rotel 855. Honestly, I was more worried about compatibility than sound quality. I've got 6922 by Siemens, Mullard, but I thought it would be a good idea to get some russians for back-up service.
Thanks for your help.

A thing to keep in mind is that many times you see the 6N1P being advertised as a 6DJ8 or 6922 equivalent, and it isn't. The 6N23P is a true equivalent (well, at least it's supposed to be) and is the correct Russian tube to look for if trying to replace a 6922 type. The 6N1P will work but is more akin to a 6BQ7 and won't behave exactly the same in a circuit made to use a 6922. It may or may not make a difference (a voltage amp might run just fine, a cathode follower would perform worse) but it depends on the circuit.

Keep an eye out for the 6N23P as it's a good little tube, but many of the ones you see for sale are used and low emission on Ebay type places. New they are a pretty good 6DJ8/6922 analog, albeit with generally slightly less gm in my experience, even NOS.

What is the "recommended" tube for your CD player? Or is it just a general "any of these are fine, stop asking us" type of product?

Sorry for the late reply, as you see in my first post, aparently the board can take 6CG7, 6N11, ECC88,6DJ8, 6922 and 6H1. My only doubt was what the manufacturer meant by 6H1 when it was evident it couldn't refer to the TV tube. So I wanted to make sure it meant 6N1.
Thanks Lingwedil.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.