• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Donor H/K A224 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All.
I'm new to this forum and also pretty new to the tube world so please forgive me for the very broad question that I am about to ask.
I have a Harmon Kardon A224 Integrated Amp that badly needs updating (caps and resistors) but is still operational. I was thinking that with the needed reworking, and my desire to never leave things alone, maybe I would be better off to use this as a donor to build a little more up to date amp without all of the excess, unnecessary controls. In case you are unfamiliar with the 224, the unit has 3-12ax7, 2-12au7, a 5AR4 rectifier and a quad of EL84's.
And finally for my question: Should I just replace caps and resistors and leave it be or should I turn it into a donor?
If I should use it for a donor, Any interesting ideas/links on what to do with it?
Thanks for bearing with me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.