• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

"Building Valve Amplifiers" by Morgan Jones?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In this thread on vintage-radio forum

Marconi TF2700 LCR Bridge - UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

It is mentioned that pages 238-239 of "Building Valve Amplifiers" details how to improve the accuracy of a Marconi TF2700 by changing some components.

This book is both large (662 pages) and expensive. And I don't want to learn how to build a valve amplifier.

Does anyone have a copy I could borrow (my local library doesn't, I checked), to read those 2 pages?

I'm in the UK.

BugBear

Hi,

I have a copy you're welcome to take a look at, but we don't exactly live next door to each other! You'd probably spend more on petrol than the cost of the book making the round trip.

If my printer were working I'd happily scan the pages for you but sadly it's suffered the same fate as the vast majority of modern consumer goods. If you're not in a massive hurry I can make use of my parents scanner next time I see them, probably some time over the next week or so.

Matt.

Edit: It's possible that I can simply read the two pages myself and pass the relevant information on to you, although I'm quite new to this and it may involve concepts which whoosh straight over my head...:)

Last edited:
Apparently the relevant pages in the second edition are 329, 330, 331.

BugBear

I think (hope?:)) these are what you're after:

DSCF4371.jpg
DSCF4372.jpg
DSCF4373.jpg

Hope I'm not infringing any copyrights posting them here...

Matt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.