• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube Tester and Tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey All,

I picked up this tube tester and lot of tubes. Anyone know who made the tester? I got it as a display piece and it's junk. Still, it would be fun to find the schematic and get it working right.

Also, there are 500+ tubes in these boxes. If you are looking for something, PM me and I'll see if I have it. I'm testing them all and trashing any that aren't good.

Tube tester | Flickr

Thanks
Matt

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
A drug store tester emission and possibly shorts tester. It's been a long time since I've seen one of those. A great curio, but designed mostly to sell tubes. Both good used or bad tubes would often test bad on one of these things. As a kid I had a few suspected bad tubes test good, but I knew better and bought replacements anyway. (Well it was Dad's money.. lol) So it is a decoration... LOL

It would be a fun conversation piece, the tester and an old damper diode or similar could be pressed into service as part of a game room's furnishings.. There is not much to these, you can probably "fix" it for minimal expense. I would not use it to actually test tubes however

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.