• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

A WE-91B project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Power PCB
21.JPG

I want to keep the first 310A to keep the original circuit as possible, and add a attenuator between the pre and 91B
You are going to add an attenuator to reduce the signal because you are going to use a step up transformer in the next stage which would otherwise cause overload??

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Nice amp sir

Hi there Jerry, thanks for shareing, do you intend a WE type preamp to keep the synergy?, newbee question -but a modern/retro We system seems a great idear - how much like the origional would this sound like (another newbee question)- Would you need horns (Sato horns?) to finish the effect, I say this as i once heard a WE amp with horns and i never forgot the sound (road to Damascus experence)

Cheers Johnny

Nice horns!

Hi Jerry,

Love those horns, I have been reading about the history of WE amplification ( inspired by your build somewhat) but the origin WE amp used for cinema amplification apparently (so I read) only went to 15 Khz, amp makers traffomatic claim the have a modern WE amps with none of the high frequency restrictions but to in house output transformers, is this embedded in your WE inspired approach?, assuming it is could you give any more info on the output transformers you used please.

Maney thanks and well done.
Regards Johnny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.