Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Suggestion for a tube buffer
Suggestion for a tube buffer
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2018, 10:26 PM   #51
indaco is offline indaco
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodabmx View Post
Most people couldn't tell the difference between golden interconnects and barbed wire.
That's funny! I'm from Italy and don't undestand well the nuances of english speaking, but I cannot disagree. I am the first to say that many people look for the "nice cable" and the market don't care what is the truth, until there is a dull who ever buy. Aesthetics comes before the substance...
Old 11th January 2018, 10:30 PM   #52
indaco is offline indaco
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
...and banana sounds fruity. (Yes, someone on here did some tests of a banana as an interconnect!)
Was there really someone who tried to taste a metallic banana?
Old 14th February 2018, 06:31 PM   #53
indaco is offline indaco
diyAudio Member

Well, I made the buffer at the end...I used the circuit suggested by GoatGuy. It runs very well coupled with a Class A headphone amp. I built it with slight modification, C(out) and C(byp), and with higher voltage 240-250 V regulated. I tried before with a JJ E88CC and then with a tube made in England (probabily a BRIMAR BVA of the sixites). With the last one it sounds very musical and soundstage too is good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg simple_buffer.jpg (88.0 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by indaco; 14th February 2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: correction
Old 16th February 2018, 02:28 AM   #54
GoatGuy is offline GoatGuy  United States
diyAudio Member

Love it.
Thanks for the feedback re: Brimar BVA valve.
I'll have to build another one myself.

=GoatGuy=
Old 16th February 2018, 01:09 PM   #55
indaco is offline indaco
diyAudio Member

Yes, I won the bid on the Bay for cheap price (just because marks was almost deleted). But the tube yeld is very good, very musical and "airy" sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
Love it.
Thanks for the feedback re: Brimar BVA valve.
I'll have to build another one myself.

=GoatGuy=

Suggestion for a tube bufferHide this!Advertise here!