• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for 6SN7 SE schematics...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi There,

I'm looking for a simple 6SN7 SE schematic like "Jeremy Fix" amp. There was huge hype around that. Where can I find old US television schematics with this or 6BX7 tube where used to it many times? Looking to keep it very simple - dual monoblock or not -, so if you can recommend me a schematic that would be great!

Thank you,
Cheers

mabe something akin to this?

Attachments

• 6SN7amp.jpg
    6SN7amp.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,612
Here's some:

The majority of those circuits are push pull...

In my signature there's a link to my 6SN7 push pull design as well.

Interestingly the majority of the 6SN7 power amps you see are in fact push pull, as it's a bit more usable power than SE, but if you search around for headphone amps you'll find some nice SE designs using the 6SN7, you just need to see through the snake oil in some of the designs out there.

I see so many parallel SE builds that would be better if just built as a nice push pull design, as these are fantastic tubes when built up this way.

Spend some time with a curve tracer and you will see that certain models are very, very good... The russian 6SN7 and 6SL7 types are every bit as linear as their RCA counterparts. I've switched most of my builds over to them as they are very rugged and quite affordable for the same quality and results. I still have a few fancy-pants old school RCA and similar put away, mainly for historical posterity these days.

Tungsram are of course very good usually as well.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.