• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Automatic bias board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a nice board, but I like his other one even more, the AB-4. It has a TTL error port you can use to trigger a protection circuit, too. My AB-Q blew up. One of the opamps vapourized a pin! I've sent it back to Pavel to figure out what's wrong with it, and he said he would repair it.

Hi,
in the case of a short-circuit in the end tubes, it is good to protect the AB-Q, or other modules, by:
Auto-Bias board on Roy's website? - Page 7
Post No 161
Pavel
audioamp.eu

Last edited:
It doesn't look identical to me at all... Yours has resistors where his has caps, for instance...
No doubt inspired by your design though, but not a carbon copy of it either.

For the record, my testing of the AB-Q and AB-4 makes me conclude the AB-4 is a MUCH better design. It can work with high currents that simply destroy the AB-Q.

modul-pro-rizeni-pushpull-koncovych-stupnu-pro-cty-2.jpg.big.jpg

page24_1.jpg

It doesn't look identical to me at all... Yours has resistors where his has caps, for instance...
No doubt inspired by your design though, but not a carbon copy of it either.

For the record, my testing of the AB-Q and AB-4 makes me conclude the AB-4 is a MUCH better design. It can work with high currents that simply destroy the AB-Q.

modul-pro-rizeni-pushpull-koncovych-stupnu-pro-cty-2.jpg.big.jpg

page24_1.jpg

The model you depict is a derivative of my original module. The Tentlabs modules is exactly copied at first instance. It does not take too much understanding to see that I am not going to link to that copy, but you search and will find. All others are derivatives, adapted to certain applications but all based on the same circuitry.

All models are violating copyrights.

best

The model you depict is a derivative of my original module. The Tentlabs modules is exactly copied at first instance. It does not take too much understanding to see that I am not going to link to that copy, but you search and will find. All others are derivatives, adapted to certain applications but all based on the same circuitry.

All models are violating copyrights.

best

We have already dealt with the indignation of TentLabs. It has been shown that our boards are not subject to TentLabs property rights because our boards are not copies of TenLabs. This dispute was resolved by lawyers from both sides.
The principle of tube current regulation is the same. The reference voltage source is completely different. The power supply is different. The layout of components on the module is similar, but not the same. PCB design is original and different from TentLabs boards.
You can see it in the pictures.

Pavel
audioamp.eu

We have already dealt with the indignation of TentLabs. It has been shown that our boards are not subject to TentLabs property rights because our boards are not copies of TenLabs. This dispute was resolved by lawyers from both sides.
The principle of tube current regulation is the same. The reference voltage source is completely different. The power supply is different. The layout of components on the module is similar, but not the same. PCB design is original and different from TentLabs boards.
You can see it in the pictures.

Pavel
audioamp.eu

The dispute is not resolved by lawyers from both sides. You are infringing the copyright of the circuit that is used to measure the cathode currents. You have no agreement to use that circuit nor do you pay licenses to the copyright holder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.