Any Tube DIYers in Bay Area - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2004, 02:21 AM   #1
effindi is offline effindi  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Default Any Tube DIYers in Bay Area

Hi all,

I flew in from Singapore to Bay Area for business matter. I wonder if there are anyone in the Bay Area that is having a DIY Tube for me to listen to and learn a thing or 2.

I am currently using EL84-EL84 tube with Brian Fostex FT16000 speaker. REally hope to learn from anyone around here.

I will be here till the weekend.

Thank you all.
Old 3rd April 2004, 07:50 AM   #2
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

My apologies, I would have been happy to host you, but I've been travelling myself. Next time, I promise!
Old 3rd April 2004, 09:22 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Hosting DIYer's

Hi SY,

Will your invitation be open to others also? I've stayed in the Bay area a few times and sometimes longer than needed and got bored. It would be great to listen to some systems belonging to DIYer's on this forum. No I shouldn't say DIYer's as many of you are pro.

Effindi , are you the same Effindi I met with Mahesh Krishnaswamy in Singapore a couple of years ago? He borrowed a pair of silver interconnects.
Cheers,
Ashok.
Old 4th April 2004, 08:11 AM   #4
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Ashok, yes, absolutely. I'm not too far away from San Francisco. But a warning: my musical tastes are... out of the mainstream.
Old 7th April 2004, 11:25 AM   #5
effindi is offline effindi  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Hi SY,

That is ok. At least now I knwo there is someone in the bay area that I can check out. It will be great to have a good music listening session after long travels.

I will remember this and take note of it if I am to visit Bay Area again.. the nights there are very quite there..

Ashok,

I don't think I am the same Effindi.. as I was out of audio for almost 5 years.. since I got married.. and only get back up to scale now...

Next.. I am wondering if there are any audiophiles in Bangalore... as I will be there next week..

Hide this!Advertise here!