• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6C45 SET spud

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IIRC, it's set for about 25mA of current and 1.5V of bias with a CCS plate load and a 5K:150 output transformer. It's currently setup with a cathode resistor/bypass cap combo. The LEDs that I would want to use won't be so happy with that kind of current passing through them.

Just received the small transformers from Edcor, Phyllis provided amazing service (as always).

Just want to verify the wiring to prevent blowing my DAC...

I connect the output (1 of them) from my DAC directly to pin 1,2 (2.5k) and then pin 5,8 (10k) to the input of the amp.

Pls confirm even though it's a basic question.

Attachments

• edcor-UMM-7-6c45-OPT.png
    edcor-UMM-7-6c45-OPT.png
    31 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
I use PSE 6c45 Spud driven through 10k pot ,220vdc over tube ,2.5k load and 90 ohm cathode res each tube with 1kuf bypass . So about 25ma per tube Gain is littlebit small ,yes but in right speakers no problem . Of course voltage is much over recommended 150 vdc but sound is better with higher voltage . I tried cheap input transformer and also GG type preamp . I solve gain problem ,but loose special sound character with more gainstages

papparazzi

Final schematic

Despite it's low cost the sound of this transformer is quite transparent. I have increase the overall gain of the amp without using SS components, that was my goal .
Thanks to all for your help.
I'm attaching the latest schematic with the added transformer.

BR
Eric

Attachments

• 6C45 spud schem_final.jpg
    6C45 spud schem_final.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 303
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.