Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Glassware ACF-2 Aikido hum problem
Glassware ACF-2 Aikido hum problem
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2017, 07:03 PM   #71
MrJackson is offline MrJackson  Romania
diyAudio Member

Finally, success!

Thanks to pl802, a solution has surfaced!!! diyAudio - My DIY projects

Reading the post about hum there, I noticed the description about how mismatched capacitors produce 120hz hum while a center tap that's not exactly centered produces a 60hz hum. I disconnected the center tap from the board and... No more 50hz hum. Remember, I'm from Europe. Now, I have a 100hz hum, but much smaller (consistent with the post, which said that a trafo CT issue produced a much higher hum than the mismatched capacitors)

There's still some hum, but now I know how to fix it... and in the meantime I can live with it, unlike before when it made me feel like putting an axe through it.
Old 20th November 2017, 07:25 PM   #72
pl802 is offline pl802  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Great!!
But it's all thanks to alexcp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alexcp.jpg (5.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 20th November 2017, 07:45 PM   #73
MrJackson is offline MrJackson  Romania
diyAudio Member

True that! Thank you, everyone. Hopefully this will help the other guys who had trouble with theirs.

Glassware ACF-2 Aikido hum problemHide this!Advertise here!