5687/6900 spice model - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2002, 05:17 PM   #1
tiroth is offline tiroth  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 5687/6900 spice model

Anyone have a model for this tube? It seems reasonably popular yet there is nothing to be found on Duncan's site or my google searches.
Old 14th April 2002, 06:18 PM   #2
Banned

Default Tube Spice

The best tube spice resource I have found is at
http://digilander.iol.it/paeng/cornice.htm

data sheet at
http://frank.nostalgiaair.org/sheets/087/5/5687WA.pdf

tube spice links at

http://digilander.iol.it/paeng/spice_tube_links.htm
H.H.
Old 15th April 2002, 07:15 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks Harry. It looks as though I will have to create my own model, but you've certainly pointed me to the right tools to do that!

If I arrive at something that behaves like a 5687 I'll post it here.
Old 15th April 2002, 07:25 PM   #4
PJR is offline PJR
diyAudio Member

I can't remember where I downloaded this package and I haven't had the time to try it out yet but it does contain a model for the 5687. Hope it works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip orcad_triodes.zip (4.9 KB, 150 views)
Old 15th April 2002, 08:35 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hehe...the 5687 model in the lib is just a copy of the 6922 model that precedes it.

Some very quick work at lunch today came up with the following parameters (for the Koren model):

mu=18.2
EX=1.33
Kg1=212.89
Kp=120.89
Kvb=593.061
Rgi=2000
Ccg=4.7
Cgp=4.7
Ccp=1.1

These were calculated from the Tung-Sol datasheet that HH posted.

I'll test this out tonight; if I feel that it is reasonable I'll try to get a closer fit.
Old 15th April 2002, 10:23 PM   #6
Banned

Talking Spice

It is so gratfying to supply resources to someone who will use some effort to make use of them without being spoonfed. Not only that, but who will thank me for the imformation! Are the rest of you listening?

H.H.
Old 16th April 2002, 05:28 PM   #7
dice45 is offline dice45  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
.... Are the rest of you listening?
Harry,
i am listening, always listening to what you post. And taking copy if i somehow feel it could be useful someday (Unfortunately i am not yet progressed to spice, but that will come one day ....). I consider u and your contributions as helpful, skilled, humourous, way above the average so.

In the meantime i learn from what i read here (still more than i post) and if i can, i help others. I am not doing it for being thanked. I owe it to myself. I have gotten help form others, i help others. For me a spiritual exchange. If i get a "thank you" and get a chance to notice my help is appreciated and used to progress, i am positively surprised, i am happy then about the gallant attitude, my day is made

But i do not expect it, there ain't no such thing as human gratitude. A contradiction in itself. If you do expect it, you are grossly mistaken and dissappointments are plenty.

BTW, this forum is a great thing, socially exceptional. Exceptional in that no bystanders highly skilled in nay-saying, down-talking, peanut-counting, flaw-searching are here (unlike in almost all other web forums) and intervene to turn any good vibration into a bad one by distracting, opening secondary battlefields, closing their jaws over unimportant minor political incorrectnesses. And now you expect human gratitude as common denominator?
Aren't you crowding your luck? Our luck?

tiroth,
Quote:
It is so gratfying to supply resources to someone who will use some effort to make use of them without being spoonfed. Not only that, but who will thank me for the imformation! ...
I join Harry's appreciation. Having the ##### follower thread in mind. Thank you for your appreciation.
Old 16th April 2002, 05:54 PM   #8
Banned

Smile Gratitude

I really don't expect gratitude. I have self interest in mind also when I post. I just hope that people will use the resources to learn and contribute thier experiences. I have found much useful information here. I really enjoy the debate here also. I have to agree that this forum is several levels above anything out there and I hope we all can keep it that way. Virture is it's own reward.

H.H.
Old 16th April 2002, 08:11 PM   #9
dice45 is offline dice45  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Virture is it's own reward.
Yup.
Old 19th April 2002, 04:59 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

A BIG THANK YOU Harry, on behalf of everyone else. I know it is hard for some people to say this. Rebecca tells me that I am a bit like that too. I always take her efforts for granted.!!

Mohan

Hide this!Advertise here!