• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

5687/6900 spice model

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hehe...the 5687 model in the lib is just a copy of the 6922 model that precedes it.

Some very quick work at lunch today came up with the following parameters (for the Koren model):

mu=18.2
EX=1.33
Kg1=212.89
Kp=120.89
Kvb=593.061
Rgi=2000
Ccg=4.7
Cgp=4.7
Ccp=1.1

These were calculated from the Tung-Sol datasheet that HH posted.

I'll test this out tonight; if I feel that it is reasonable I'll try to get a closer fit.

.... Are the rest of you listening?

Harry,
i am listening, always listening to what you post. And taking copy if i somehow feel it could be useful someday (Unfortunately i am not yet progressed to spice, but that will come one day ....). I consider u and your contributions as helpful, skilled, humourous, way above the average so.

In the meantime i learn from what i read here (still more than i post) and if i can, i help others. I am not doing it for being thanked. I owe it to myself. I have gotten help form others, i help others. For me a spiritual exchange. If i get a "thank you" and get a chance to notice my help is appreciated and used to progress, i am positively surprised, i am happy then about the gallant attitude, my day is made :)

But i do not expect it, there ain't no such thing as human gratitude. :( A contradiction in itself. If you do expect it, you are grossly mistaken and dissappointments are plenty.

BTW, this forum is a great thing, socially exceptional. Exceptional in that no bystanders highly skilled in nay-saying, down-talking, peanut-counting, flaw-searching are here (unlike in almost all other web forums) and intervene to turn any good vibration into a bad one by distracting, opening secondary battlefields, closing their jaws over unimportant minor political incorrectnesses. And now you expect human gratitude as common denominator?
Aren't you crowding your luck? Our luck?

tiroth,
It is so gratfying to supply resources to someone who will use some effort to make use of them without being spoonfed. Not only that, but who will thank me for the imformation! ...
I join Harry's appreciation. Having the ##### follower thread in mind. Thank you for your appreciation. :)

Gratitude

I really don't expect gratitude. I have self interest in mind also when I post. I just hope that people will use the resources to learn and contribute thier experiences. I have found much useful information here. I really enjoy the debate here also. I have to agree that this forum is several levels above anything out there and I hope we all can keep it that way. Virture is it's own reward.

H.H.

I just performed some tests on an actual 5687 in LTP arrangement, at the following operating points:

Vp=140, 130, 120
Bias=3mA, 9.5mA, 14mA

At 3mA bias, the simulated distortion figures were very close to measured. At 9.5mA and 14mA, the simulated figures were within 0.5dB of actual for overall distortion as well as 2nd and 3rd harmonic. (higher order harmonics were not measurable)

At least at these operating points, the theoretical model is extremely accurate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.