• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Aikido all in one with ps tube build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
glassware front panel board

Almost done assembling the aikido all in one with ps tube ,just waiting for some rca and a power switch to show up . coming from china might have to wait awhile .Thinking of installing some leds on the rotary switch to show what input its on any ideas ?

Attachments

• IMG-1018.JPG
    IMG-1018.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG-1019.JPG
    IMG-1019.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG-1021.JPG
    IMG-1021.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG-1023.JPG
    IMG-1023.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 609
Well the parts finally arrived . I will never order Chinese delivery again. better off staying with digi-key or mouser .I've decided to go with 6cg7 input and 6N23P-EV reflektor for output tubes also a 5u4gb for rectifier and a hammond pt 270ex . I don,t have a variac to slowly power it up so I want to be sure everththing is correct. Has anyone built this version of the aikido all in one kit , is there any incorrect info in the manual . any help would be great.

Attachments

• 270EX.pdf
    227 KB · Views: 126
You're complaining about waiting a month? You're lucky as I regularly wait up to 4 months!

I've built the circuit, not the kit but it was smooth sailing. If you are nervous you can connect the primary in series with a 100W light bulb. If there's a problem the light will glow bright.

I have question about the heater power supply section ,if I,am looking at this correct there seems to be some confusion in parts placement of the regulator adjustment r21,and r20 here is what i have. The image is my pcb which from the trace looks like r20 goes into the adjust on the regulator rather than r21. The second image is my user guide schematic , the third image I found on tcj site for this pcb . I think the pcb is not marked correctly. any help would be great thanks.

Attachments

• Aikido Noval All-in-One Power Supplies Schematic.png
    Aikido Noval All-in-One Power Supplies Schematic.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 274
  • aikido heater ps schematic.jpg
    aikido heater ps schematic.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 283
  • aikido pcb.jpg
    aikido pcb.jpg
    745.4 KB · Views: 303
A few thoughts

Other than the hum does the amp work OK? I haven't built this board but I have built several other Aikidos.

One of your pictures from earlier shows that the inputs aren't connected, are they now?

All of the frames of the switches (attenuator, input select) should be connected to ground to prevent hum pickup. Try disconnecting the attenuator leads from the board then solder short pieces of wire across the board input points.

I don't think the ground from the power inlet is connected to the right place on the board. Shouldn't it be connected to HOUSE GND term near back of board?

Once a buddy couldn't get rid of hum until he connected an electrolytic cap across the film cap in the ground ref circuit, see attachment.

I've corrected one of your manual pictures as well, see attachment.

Steve

Attachments

• aikido heater ps schematic CORRECTED.jpg
    aikido heater ps schematic CORRECTED.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Aikido Noval All-in-One Power Supplies Schematic.png
    Aikido Noval All-in-One Power Supplies Schematic.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 243
  • board.png
    board.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 168
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.