• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

The ISO-Tango transformers reborn in ISO Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The ISO-Tango transformers out of business in 2013 but they get reborn in 2015 with new name ISO Transformer.So I ordered a set of 300B transformers from the ISO in Jan,2017. Today,I received them.The Power trans still on the road,I got the output trans,interstage trans and choke coil.The old Hirata Tango era X-2.7S(ISO-Tango S-2595)reborn in FC-40-2.7S with wider freq response.The NC-20F rename in NC-20F II and with improves,too.

Attachments

• 360??20170429143218254.jpg
    360??20170429143218254.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,747
  • 360??20170429143243721.jpg
    360??20170429143243721.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,718
  • 360??20170429143306177.jpg
    360??20170429143306177.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,716
The ISO-Tango transformers out of business in 2013 but they get reborn in 2015 with new name ISO Transformer.So I ordered a set of 300B transformers from the ISO in Jan,2017. Today,I received them.The Power trans still on the road,I got the output trans,interstage trans and choke coil.The old Hirata Tango era X-2.7S(ISO-Tango S-2595)reborn in FC-40-2.7S with wider freq response.The NC-20F rename in NC-20F II and with improves,too.

My hope they equal quality of vintage Tango series.
And prices are not too expensive like vintage piece's on today audio market.
Thanks for good news share.
:spin:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The Japanese market for this stuff was at one time about as big as the rest of the planet's combined, and this on the expensive end of the spectrum..

This was very typical of Tamura and Tango 20 years ago when I was using their transformers in my designs. Had to get special power transformers made and one time got a shipment of six custom Tam transformers that they mistakenly wound for 100V <sigh> They had to go back at MY expense, after substantial negotiation and my using the term 'loosing face' with my customers...

Language barriers are substantial and both Monolith Magnetics and Lundahl offer competitive products and there is no language issue.

I am not sure that the core materials are comparable with the old Tango stuff either.

The Japanese market for this stuff was at one time about as big as the rest of the planet's combined, and this on the expensive end of the spectrum..

This was very typical of Tamura and Tango 20 years ago when I was using their transformers in my designs. Had to get special power transformers made and one time got a shipment of six custom Tam transformers that they mistakenly wound for 100V <sigh> They had to go back at MY expense, after substantial negotiation and my using the term 'loosing face' with my customers...

Language barriers are substantial and both Monolith Magnetics and Lundahl offer competitive products and there is no language issue.

I am not sure that the core materials are comparable with the old Tango stuff either.

I think there is no different between ISO and old Tango.It's the same 3 core peoples from Hirata-Tango to the ISO-Tango and this is the reason I choose the ISO,not the new WAVAC-Tango.Actually,they almost improve all of their products this time.

would you know what core materials they use? Z11's or something else?
are they C-cores or EI's...?
sorry for the lots of questions....

Let me answer the questions 1 by 1.:DThe dealer went to the Japan and visit the ISO Corp last year.He visited all 3 people.He told when they are working,they won't talk to anybody,just focus on what they are doing.He asked the questions about wire and core materials.Mr.Suzuki didn't tell him very detail,just said the materials are better than the old can't be worse,ISO won't ruin their fame.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.