Luxman 3045 tube mono-blocks - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2002, 10:23 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Luxman 3045 tube mono-blocks

I have achance to pick up a pair of Lux 3045 monoblock amps. Cosmetically they seem to be ok. However someone in the past tried to convert them to use el-34s connected in triode. The original out-put tube was designed specifically for this amplifier as well as the the out-put transformers by Tim Deparavicini of Esoteric audio Research. The info I'm looking for is 1. Is it still possible to find the output tubes (triodes) for this amp...and 2.I need to find a schematic for this circuit whether, I bring the amp back to stock(if posible), or I'm forced to find a substitute tube. Without a schematic I'm sunk. Is there any help out there? Thanks fastfreddd
Old 17th April 2002, 04:31 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Have a scheme for a 3045 with the factory mod for KT88 triode. It has all the stock info on it, the only addition is the two 100 ohm screen Rs and the voltage adjustments shown. It's the best copy I could make of the copy I have. I have the whole KT88 modifiaction 'manual' from Lux. I did a handful of amps in the early and mid 80s. I was a tech at a dealer then. Give me a email with a big box and I'll send a larger PDF of it. DIYaudio's limits the file size (rightfullyso!)
Attached Images
File Type: gif 3045 copy.gif (15.9 KB, 739 views)
Old 17th April 2002, 01:27 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Luxman 3045 amp

Dear Scott: This is Fred. I tried to e-mail you but I'm not sure if it went through. If it did just ignore the rest of this message. I just wanted to thank you again, and to say I'll be sending you a new e-mail add. within the next few days. What a great idea the D.I.Y. audio forum is! And once again thanks Scott.
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:01 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

can you email me the kt88 pdf? my email imagefly2008@gmail.com
Old 3rd January 2015, 03:22 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Francis Jansz
Default Mr:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnixon View Post
Have a scheme for a 3045 with the factory mod for KT88 triode.
Please Send me a Copy of The Schematic Circuit for The LUXMAn MB 3045 And What Original Tubes was Previously used on This Model , As I am Planning to buy 2 MONO Blocks of The MB 3045 and Take out The Power OUTPUT Transformers and Install it on The Music Angel XDSe Amp to Use KT 88 Tubes any Help will help.
Kind Regards
Francis Jansz
e.mail: fsj@iprimus.com.au

Last edited by wintermute; 3rd January 2015 at 04:02 AM. Reason: try to fix quote
Old 3rd January 2015, 03:24 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Francis Jansz
I would like a Copy of The KT 88 Circuit for The LUXMAN MB3045 as well
Francis Jansz
e.mail: fsj@iprimus.com.au
Old 3rd January 2015, 04:35 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

So your plan is to take the output transformers from a high quality classic amp and install them on a modern throw away Chinese POS amp?
Old 3rd January 2015, 04:47 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I was thinking the same thing - something is wrong with this picture.
Old 3rd January 2015, 04:59 PM   #9
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Petersen View Post
I need to find a schematic for this circuit whether, I bring the amp back to stock(if posible), or I'm forced to find a substitute tube.
The output tubes are long unavailable, as are the 6240G driver tubes. If the amps are very cheap, I'd still buy them IF the driver tubes work.
Some sub the 6FQ7/6CG7 for the drivers.

Check the pcbs for burned resistors, which are common, especially the 10 Ohm output bias current sensing resistors.
Old 3rd January 2015, 06:34 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

That quote from Mr. Peterson is 13 years old!

I remain confident that it is possible to make some discrete changes to the Luxman amp to allow it to accept more common tubes and that breaking it up for parts is a mistake.

Hide this!Advertise here!