• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Research D150 hardwiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
My Audio Research D150 has torched the Power Line Voltage (on-off) Switch so it doesn't work anymore. My house hold supply is 230 VAC, so I figure that the best would be to hardwire the amp in the 240 Volts-mode. I don't mind switching the amp on/off with an external switch. My problem is that I'm not used to reading scematics (see image) so I'm rather confused. I can see the power comming in via the black, white and green wires, but which color wires should they be connected to?

Last edited:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
My Audio Research D150 has torched the Power Line Voltage (on-off) Switch so it doesn't work anymore. My house hold supply is 230 VAC, so I figure that the best would be to hardwire the amp in the 240 Volts-mode. I don't mind switching the amp on/off with an external switch. My problem is that I'm not used to reading scematics (see image) so I'm rather confused. I can see the power comming in via the black, white and green wires, but which color wires should they be connected to?
Looking at the schematic at ARCDB - D-150
The transformer has 2 sets of windings, and a printing error at the switch description ( 2-120 should be 4-120)
As i see this you should connect :
incoming black to "upper " green
upper winding brown connectd to "lower" green , connecting the 2 windings in
series;
the "lower" brown connects ( it's already connected) to the fuze S1

The rest of connections to S3 should be isolated and clamped.

Do test with a variac or lamptest please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.