• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6n16b buffer on a nakamichi cdp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• Nakamichi CD3 lampized.jpg
    Nakamichi CD3 lampized.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 253
And also no reason for Rload ;)
Come to think about it, no reason for the hole circ(us)uit :p
Mona

The reason for "rload" is to discharge the cap, i.e. a bleeder actually. I would use all 3 resistors: on input, output, and grid leak of the same value, like 220k, to save money.
The reason for the circuit is, the majority of modern designers think of "voltage amplification" forgetting about power transfer. As the result, input/output impedances are non-linear, so a tube buffer "mismatch" them pretty well isolating power-wise from each other.

The reason for "rload" is to discharge the cap, i.e. a bleeder actually. I would use all 3 resistors: on input, output, and grid leak of the same value, like 220k, to save money.
The reason for the circuit is, the majority of modern designers think of "voltage amplification" forgetting about power transfer. As the result, input/output impedances are non-linear, so a tube buffer "mismatch" them pretty well isolating power-wise from each other.
As i understand it the thing has to be mounted inside the cabinet, the caps will discharge on the ins and outs.
If you lik to "isolate power-wise", put a j-fet in between :D
Mona

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.