• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube line stage Preamp Outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently finished up a tube line stage preamp aikido design. The existing pair outputs are hooked up to 2 heathkit w5 monoblocks which I have completely restored. Here is my challenge. I would like to add to the existing pair of outputs a second pair of outputs to drive a separate amplifier(stereo) to supply speakers in different rooms of the house. Do I add the jacks in parallel? Do I need load resistors? Any ideas, drawings,etc,etc,etc. I am also unfamiliar with balanced and unbalanced outputs nomenclature. Please clarify. Thanks again.

Cags

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> Do I add the jacks in parallel?

Yes. For your situation.

It gets complicated when the loads are heavier than a W5, or the source is lamer than John's stages, or you have a lot of loads to drive, or the show must go on even if some loads are shorted. But one "Aikido" can drive more W5s than you can carry home.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.