• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

5998 power amp question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello !!

Will the scheme posted below work properly with output transformer of 3K instead of 2,5K. According to my lame knowledge it should, but maybe sb can explain me what will be the efect of such substitution - as far as I know better control but less gain on output....

Best Regards,

Attachments

• 5998_se_6201_12at7_ 2_5k_1.jpg
    5998_se_6201_12at7_ 2_5k_1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,361
Will the scheme posted below work properly with output transformer of 3K instead of 2,5K. According to my lame knowledge it should, but maybe sb can explain me what will be the efect of such substitution - as far as I know better control but less gain on output

Go for it! This is a nice sounding little amp and easy to build. It's really an ideal amp for beginners.

John

I suppose that You have already built it? Did you have an opportunity to compare this amp to other triode SE amps???

I didn't build it, but someone I know has and I liked the sound of it (through Altec A7 setup, very efficient). I was impressed enough to start one for myself although I really don't have a suitable speaker system yet (also in the works). To be honest, I have never heard different SE amps compared within the same system so I won't judge apples against oranges.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.