• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

what the crap is this!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i REALLY want to find out what this is because its the first time i've ever seen one before and i want more! its a tube socket with a post coming from the hole in the center. i've heard that little hole called the center post before but i havent ever seen anyone actually use it for anything short of soldering a wire to ground maybe once in my life. so this post is threaded and has small terminal strips attached to it with nuts. so basically you could hold a tube and all associated components in your hand, all in one cluster. this is SUPER cool for me because i have a bunch of really narrow but very deep enclosures i want to work with in which normal term strips attached to the chassis would be hard to deal with. this way i can just build it sort of modularly and save my self a lot of headache by not having to reach way down in a box to fool with things i cant see very well. so, the question is, has anyone seen anything like this before? are these standard?! what are they called? where can i get more? its just a 9pin socket used with 12ax7s from an old old old pre amp given to me last night by my drummers mom. thanks for any info!

handsome greg
http://lipstick-killers.com

Attachments

• saywhat.jpg
    saywhat.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 405
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.