• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube sockets with the same pin spacing as the tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to replace the tubes of a AMC preamplifier and, while I'm at it, to install sockets for the tubes (which are now soldered directly to the PCB).

The problem is that all the sockets I found have a larger pinout, so they are unsuitable for PCB mounting, and bending the pins is not feasible for mechanical reasons (they slip out of the ceramic).

Does anybody know if exist sockets with the same pin-spacing as the tube (ECC82 and 83, noval socket), and where to find such sockets?

Cheers

Andrea

Unfortunately this socket has the pins bent externally, so the resulting pin-spacing is bigger than the pin spacing of the tube...

cheers

Andrea

Attachments

• thetubestore_1780_1188680.jpg
    thetubestore_1780_1188680.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 183
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Andrea,

If I'm not mistaken AMC used those translucent makrolon sockets that were once made in Germany by, I think, Kammerzelt.

They fit your description but I don't know of anyone still stocking them; Kammerzelt is out of business I believe so your only chance may be AMC themselves.

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.