• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My 1st tube amp build thread (and lots of questions)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry for the delay guys. I have been working on the amp, it's just been rough finding time to post.

Here is some progress for you.

The top was finally finished and sent off to Landfall Systems for machining and finishing. Here's what the final drawing looked like:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now it's time to start the component turret boards. I bought blank boards / press turrets and turret press tool from Hoffman Amps. Highly recommend.

Because I laid everything out in Adobe Illustrator it allowed me to print out guides to use.

1st step was to cut the raw boards to size then glue the guides on with 3M 77 spray adhesive:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

With the awesome Incra rip system you can adjust finely adjust the the fence in 1/1000" steps. You can see the results!

Next it's time to make some holes. I didn't own a stepper bit so I figured I'd try the cheapy one from Harbor Fright. I got close to my final size then used a drum sander in the drill press (from Rockler) to get the circle perfect to the guide. The smaller semicircles for the heater wires to poke up were done with a dremel tool.

more to come...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.