• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Fisher X100-C amp restoration help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am crurrently trying to restore an old fisher X100-C. it had been previously restored by changing a few capacitors.
I am strugling with weird voltages right at the begining of the crircuit.
the secondaries of the ransformer are 6,1V and 158V AC. Voltage gets rectified and raised by a two diode circuit and shoud raise it to 430V however I am reading 960 V. Does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks

Thanks for the reply Jon, I fear I didn't explain myself well. I had a new transformer made for this amp and it's secondary outputs are 6,1V and 158V .
on the schematic , after CR1 I should see 430V and after R65 360V however in my case I have extremely high voltages there: 960V after CR1and i don't understand why

Don't worry, it happens all the time, until manufacturer make a VOM which interpretes itself what one want to measure.

That would be quite unusable :p

I'm looking for the big knob, the brass end is missing on my X100-c. Any adresses for these?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.