• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Anyother tube with same pinout than 6CG7?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I keep spreadsheets of things like this. Here is my list.

Exact matches with no internal connection to pin 9. Note I have seen 6CG7 / 6FQ7's made with and without an internal shield connected to pin 9. I have seen both numbers on the same tube as well, with or without the shield:

6CG7 6EV7 6FQ7 6GU7

This list has an internal shield connected to pin 9, according to the datasheet, although some tubes may not always have the shield.

6AQ8 6BC8 6BK7 6BQ7 6BZ7 6BS8 6BX8 6BZ8 6DJ8 6DT8 6ES8 6FW8 6HK8 6JK8 6KN8 9AQ8 12DT8 17EW8 6922 7057 7308 ECC89

I would wire pin 9 to ground and therefore be able to use any of the above tubes that fit your electrical requirements.

These tubes are marked "IC" on pin 9.

7058 7898 Check them carefully before using these in any socket with something connected to pin 9.

Thanks for the posting.
I was thinking about the BCF in the unballancer,it says in the manual that a tube with high mu will fit best as the BCF so the 6EV7 has a mu of 60 and should fit there,I found some dealers that have them so maybe I´ll give it a try..

Where did you find the 6EV7's? I have tried many of the more well known sources and if they listed it when I inquired they said they had no inventory and none expected. The couple that had it wanted more than I wanted to pay.

For that reason I am looking for some 9 pin plugs and covers to make a solid state version of the 6EV7.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.