• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Miniature 8pin socket

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some EF40 tubes I want to use for a project but I can't find any sockets. The tube has 8 pins evenly spaced in a circle the same size as a normal 9 pin tube. Pins are also the same size as a 9 pin. I have done internet searches and nothing clicked. I could hack something up with an old circuit board and some push pins but I would like a socket if I can find one. Any ideas?

Thomas

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Apart from some mild interelectrode capacitance differences due to the different socket layout the EF40 is the father of the EF86.

So if you want to have a look at what can be done with the EF40, any schematic using the EF86, EF806S, EF804, EF804S, E80F and my all time fav the British Z729 should provide plenty of inspiration.
US equivalent of the EF86 is 6267 and 6CF8, I think however that most of these were made in Europe for the US market anyway.

There's another one with variable u but I keep forgetting its name...

Cheers,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.