• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Collet wire connector for 300B socket?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm try yo avoid having to desolder the socket in order to separate the PCB from the Chassis. My sockets are mounted to the chassis under the PCB which has a hole in it to allow access to the pins. So if anyone knows of wire connector that marries up to this type collet pin please let me know. Thanks

Remove the screws that hold the socket and then remove the PCB + sockets?

Or modify your chassis arrangement away from the sockets being mounted directly to the chassis, instead go with a sub chassis panel for the sockets so that now there is no
or a different means of association between the main chassis and the sockets.

Got any pix?
Drawing?

Also what you said was confusing, since you seemed to say that the order was:
- chassis surface
- PCB
- sockets

Doesn't quite make sense.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Probably the most conventional thing would be to solder wire leads to the pins and then use wire to board connectors on your pcb.
But just for fun you could also look at something like these? If I understand what you want to do then I imagine crimping the wire to board in one end and then soldering the pin into the other. A quick heat up would let the pin slide off. In my imagination anyway, reality might step in to say "Oh, so you thought this would go your way , did you?" , but worth a try. . . .
There are other possibilities. You might also try pulling the metal part of a barrier strip for 10 gauge wire like these. Look on Digikey here. You might find other possibilities - but to add the safety disclaimer - remember that kludging can have (electrical, thermal, mechanical etc.) risks that you need to think about.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.