• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Philips EL6411/01 amplifier

This is a multitap from 16V to 170V output in 10 steps if I recall well enough, and 16 and 32 volt taps were good for 8 ohm arrangements like you would do for a 8 or 16 ohm stack

when I last tried it I came to the conclusion that everything before the phase splitter was good to throw, and I did not have a go at rebuilding a complete preamp and tone stack

I have another plug and play technique to have a direct replacement for everything before the output tubes but this is still in the bench... this is an idea I started two years ago and I finally found a good combination of class D amp and interstage transformer to be able to put it in front of most PA amps that need up to 60v swing on the output tubes and adjust amplitude by simply varying gain pot of the class D amp module

it will be the object of a small thread once it will be done (I think my current guitar rebuild of a geloso would fit well)

Here a list how to look for different output impedanties for the EL6411.

Attachments

• output-imp-EL6411.GIF
    output-imp-EL6411.GIF
    2.3 KB · Views: 162
very interesting thanks a lot! I usually derive impedance from delta V between two windings and squared volt ratio from the B+, et caetera (table required but usually a quick calc is good enough to choose a decent tap, and fiddle with nearest ones if Pout is not as expected)