Join Date: Mar 2003
Originally posted by fscarpa58
You can find a lot on the web.
for instance go to
download the file tubemods.zip (it is at the 3rd line)
1) in it there are a lot of file but you are
interested in those with .lib ext.
for istance tube.lib.
Decomp it, save it as koren.lib and put it in the library
folder of microcap.
( I advice you to open the file and add a k (koren) to
all tube names to avoid later confusion, that is
where you find 6DJ8, for instance, write k6DJ8.
for every tube) note that some are pentodes.
Change at least one name(e.g. k6dj8) you can change
the other in the future.
2)open the file named nom.lib (library folder)
and add at the bottom the string
.lib "koren.lib" like the other you can see
( this tells Mcap where to look for)
4) start microcap
5) as before in the windows menu click on component editor
6) on the right select analog library
7) on the top left push the button <add group> (9th from left, double plus)
8) put the name of the new group, e.g. Koren Tubes, enter
9) the group will appear and it is selected.
10) press again new group and write Triodes, enter
11) press <add part > ( right before the previous) and fill
the form at top left
12) This time you will not use the letter A,G,K
but the number 1,2,3 because in the koren library the
reference to the pins is made in such a way.
13) top right cross to close and you are ready.
Obviously you can add the other names present in
the library when you wont
It did it! Thanks! You are the man!