• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

1P24B Russian tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1989 impossible. That time the next car model, GAZ-24, was already discontinued. GAZ-21 was discontinued in late 60s.

Btw, there is no 1P24B in this radio. This tube was not sold to the public, the only civilian gadget using this tube that I know of was MELZ Foton UV light source.

Russian radio

That is very possible. I thought 1989 only based on this vaguely legible script.

Attachments

• Model Plate.jpg
    Model Plate.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 108
Volga radio

So this radio works...kind of.

The speaker output is very weak but that could be something on the radio side, not the transistor amp.

I could not tune in anything on the AM scale.

On FM, using a 70 to 108MHz transmitter on 71MHz, I was able to receive a very weak output. Even with the transmitter antenna touching the radio’s, reception was barely audible, but of good quality.

I will check the B+ which is supposed to be 135VDC but beyond that not sure where to start.

I have to say access is better than many car radios. Case parts come off all sides.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.