I just picked up this incredible bench top meter that measures everything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They did sell fast because of this thread and the one on the audio asylum

You're right to a point. For the price paid verses what it does it's a good deal especially if you have nothing else better. Perhaps I'm spoiled by owning commercial instruments. My concern is dependability and support which seems to be none by looking over their site. This means you fix it yourself if you can. It's microprocessor controlled and surely surface mount technology which I hate working on. So it becomes a throw away item. But they all sold fast the other day, maybe as a result of this thread.

I hear you tho..I also am spoiled by my commercial gear that's US made..I use my Fluke 87V mostly and my Sencore or HP scope and my HP8903 distortion and audio analyzer and my HP Signal generator. This Instek is pretty nice tho being it was designed in the US and made overseas but considering that lots of people paid the 869usd price,the fraction we paid is a safe bargain and even if it did fail,it is highly unlikely that all functions would fail at once.

They are Fluke but they are from the Chinese made Flukes.

We are basically talking two pieces of wire with Banana ends on one side and probes on the other..They say Fluke molded right on them and they feel nicely made being I can tell from the texture of the wire.I'm able get a reading of zero ohms when I touch them together so I think they are fine..I have the American made Fluke probes that I got with my Fluke but they are getting well used now after 7 years..You will be happy with the probes because they fit and I would search Ebay and buy the Fluke ones out of HongKong from a high FB seller as I did because I got them 7 months ago for my other Fluke and they have been great. These are the ones I bought and I paid 25 dollars for 2 sets including shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351230630162?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:
Fluke generally manufactures in the USA.

The exception is the 15b and 17b multimeters, which were built by Extech under contract.

Those were pretty brief, and the difference between them is 1 button. And you can drill a hole in the 15b and add the button.

You can still get them on ebay, with chinese characters all over the box. I'm not sure how legal they are.

I myself have a Craftsman multimeter which contains the Fluke board. It's pretty good. They went for about $60 at the time - the craftsman version i mean - but that was years ago.

I've had a few Extech products as well, and I can say for sure that the Extech-made board in my Craftsman (which says Fluke on it) is FAR better made than the extech products I've had open.

but Taiwan is not China and neither is HongKong..

no?
the people living there are Chinese
most stuff sold in HK is made in mainland China:D
[off_topic]
The Chinese government might wish Taiwan to be part of China, but it is most definitely a separate entity at the moment, even if only a few governments have the guts to officially recognise it is such in order to keep good relations with China. Kong Kong is part of China since the British handed it back to them in 1997 although currently it has it's own currency, and legal and political institutions (despite pressure from the mainland).
[/off_topic]

[off_topic]
The Chinese government might wish Taiwan to be part of China, but it is most definitely a separate entity at the moment, even if only a few governments have the guts to officially recognise it is such in order to keep good relations with China. Kong Kong is part of China since the British handed it back to them in 1997 although currently it has it's own currency, and legal and political institutions (despite pressure from the mainland).
[/off_topic]

You had a contract, you had to hand it back, but all that just a regular Chinese bashing and beside the point. Just to clear it out for you, everything between your behind and the floor is made in China.:)

Generally speaking, you can get Chinese vendors to deliver any level of quality that you are willing to pay for. From complete crap to exceeding excellence.

Generally speaking, if you bought it in the USA and it was made in China, and it's not very good, you can rest assured that some american executive deemed it's quality to be acceptable.

.:Sent by pneumatic tubes

How do I get this INTEK to work in frequency-counter mode and display hz? The second display (on the left) blinks on during self-test, then it's off. I hope I'm just doing something wrong, or need a better signal or something...I didn't get to try it until the set of leads I ordered from China just arrived. I don't even have a signal generator handy, unless I drag out the Behringer digital audio mainframe RTA/EQ that will make sine waves.

How do I get this INTEK to work in frequency-counter mode and display hz? The second display (on the left) blinks on during self-test, then it's off. I hope I'm just doing something wrong, or need a better signal or something...I didn't get to try it until the set of leads I ordered from China just arrived. I don't even have a signal generator handy, unless I drag out the Behringer digital audio mainframe RTA/EQ that will make sine waves.

Did you download the manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.