• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Can you help me identify these burned resistors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have opened my Chinese made amps (I have like 5 of them) and I discovered two burned-looking resistors. The amps work without any problem so far.

# First one - Fatman 182 (rebranded Dared MP-15)
I have the schematic of Dared MP-15 (attached). It's is R12 and the schematic says 51k 2w.
A friend which is assisting me with it recommended to replace it with one that can handle more power. Should I buy then a 51k 5w to replace it?

# Second one - Fatman 252 (rebranded Dared MP-60)
Unluckily I don't have a schematic and seem to not have luck finding one (see below). It's R34. It's pretty brownish so I'm not sure it's recognizable anymore by the color bands.

Can you recognize it? What would you recommend me to do?

# Why I did not manage to find Fatman 252 schematics
Fatman closed down business years ago. TLaudio, which also distributed some Fatman, does not service these amps, only premium Fatman products.
Dared US does not have schematic for MP-60 and told to contact Dared China.
Dared HK says MP-60 is not from them, but a copy from Dared China and they are not authorized to talk to each other (?).
Apparently there was another branch of Dared in mainland China, assembling some variants of these amps. I've tried contacting them, but no success so far.

Attachments

• Dared MP-15 Schematic.jpg
    Dared MP-15 Schematic.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Dared MP-15 R12 Burned Resistor 2.jpg
    Dared MP-15 R12 Burned Resistor 2.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Fatman 252 - Burned R34.jpg
    Fatman 252 - Burned R34.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 280
Disabled Account
Joined 2013

Attachments

• ecc88 test-1.png
    ecc88 test-1.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.