• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Please help with Stancor A-4416

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,

i have with me a bunch of Stancor A-4416 transformers. i was informed that i can use these as phase splitter for the push pull pentode amp i am working on. the secondary has two black wires and two green wires.

how would i know the phase of these so i can achieve the proper phasing for the output section.

any information about how to do this, or information about the transformers in question are greatly appreaciated, as usual :)

many thanks.

A-4416

Hi,

According to the catalog I have the A-4416 is for P-P plates (3kohms-10kohms) to P-P grids. The ratio of primary to one half secondary is 5:1. Maximum DC in the primary is 40mA, I think probably zero unbalanced DC. It has the split secondaries so that you can individually bias the output tubes and/or use inverse feedback. Not sure how they will work for phase splitters, maybe with a parafeed primary. Given the large stepdown ratio, I might guess they were designed for A2 or B2 finals.

I am no help on phasing at the moment.

Michael

oh, how else can i use these?

I suppose that if you need large grid swing with low current (like for a cathode follower or Mac-type connection), you could turn them around. They'll reflect 5x the input capacitance of your outputs, so you may need to drive them with followers in this connection. With a CF output stage, that may not be too serious, since there's no Millering.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.