• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Dear PLT60

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear PLT60,
Thanks for your info. I checked their website and found lots of nice (to me) tube amp kits as you mentioned. I'm interested in the simplest and the cheapest kit, KEL84. What I'm wondering is how much the shipping cost to the US will be. I'm looking for a simple and "budget-friendly" kit. Anyway, thanks for your info and good luck to you with your new kit. Please don't forget to post a message here when you finish your kit.
Regards,
Jai

Hey,

Why pay $300 bucks shipping (at least!) for a $500 USD (after conversion from 250 british pounds) amp, when you can get a 15WPC EL84 amp right here in the states for $399 and $50 shipping???

Let's see, spend $800, or $450?

Right here:

http://gabevee.tripod.com/mag1515.html

Yeah, this time I am definitely blowing my own horn, but it is a great amp kit, easy to follow instructions, rave reviewed by engineers in the audio business and hobbyists alike!

Gabe

Gabe,

methinks there is nothing wrong with blowing the own horn as far is is done in an overt way and marked as such. :)
Wouldn't i be that deep in my own from-the-scratch designs, i would be very interested in your neat kits, i looked at them and was utterly pleased with what i see. I remember i appreciated tube choice for all kits :) .

Jai,

your wish to thank another helpful poster honours yourself :) but it could be that some members consider it as too much bandwidth to open a new thread just to say "thank you", thanking can be gracefully done in the thread the help was offered in without devalueing it.
Having new threads opened only if a new question or topic arises (and a preceding search for exactly this topic has shown no hits of old threads dealing with it) will help to keep this forum at the high signal-to-noise ratio it has been so far.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.