• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

7868 to 7591

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all.

I'm about to rewire the sockets of an amp I have that takes 7868s to use 7591s. I can buy the socket converters on ebay, but I have the sockets already and can solder. I drew a diagram of what I think is correct but if you guys can take a sec and double check my work, I'd greatly appreciate it before I start.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Attachments

• 7868 to 7591.JPG
    7868 to 7591.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 248
That's true, when you look at the datasheet of the 7868 you will see that pin 1 and pin 7 both are connected to G2 inside of the tube. So you can do this also at the outside of the tube for e.g an extra point for a component. As you see on your picture.

OK.
I still have a problem grasping the concept of why you would do an external connection when there is an internal connection. When it's beneficial and when it's not, etc.
I'll go ahead and connect pin 4 to 8 externally on the 7951.

Oh, just to let you guys know what amp(s) it is, it's a Conn 6026. They are wired a bit differently then the Rowe you helping me with earlier. I acquired 4 Conn 6026s. Sure they are organ amps but they make wonderful hi stereo amps. Plenty loud and clear. I recommend picking these up if you come across them.

Stock they take 4 x 7868, 2 x 12AX7, 1 x OA3, and 1 x 6DN7
I use 6EU7 with socket converters in place of the 12AX7s. Alternatively you can use any 12A*7 of your power choice of course.

Attachments

• Conn6026t.jpg
    Conn6026t.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Conn6026u.jpg
    Conn6026u.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 91
OK.
I still have a problem grasping the concept of why you would do an external connection when there is an internal connection. When it's beneficial and when it's not, etc.
When there is an internal connection and you use both pins without connecting a wire between them, you might have a problem when testing, measuring etc. when there is no tube inserted in the socket.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.