• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6SJ7 and 6SC7 not on roll chart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From the 539B/539C latest setup book (3200-330) obsolete supplementary section.

6SJ7
6.3, HS-4865-3, bias 3.3, (no shunt), press P4, range D, min mu cond 1040

6SC7
6.3, HY-4506-2, bias 0.9, (no shunt), press P4, range D, min mu cond 830 triode 1
6.3, HY-3206-5, bias 0.9, (no shunt), press P4, range D, min mu cond 830 triode 2

Last edited:
I don't think there are any more/new roll charts being made. But there are reprints of the latest chart in book form which contain obsolete and foreign data as well. I got mine from Hickok years ago, but people sell copies on eBay sometime. Or if you can find the original yellow supplementary books they're worth grabbing.

I just looked on the bay and found this.

Last edited:
It's funny, after all these years I should just learn that Hickok pretty much is close to data sheets. For instance the 6SJ7 RCA datasheet says g1 bias volts -3 and gm 1575. 60% of 1575 is 945. These testers aren't that accurate so the results would still have got me what I want to know. In fact I find most tubes test like new until they are maybe down to 1/4 of it's life then the gm drops down, it's not like a gradual decline.

I still like to have the exact Hickok test data for some reason so thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.