• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Rowe R-4359A Amplifier

When I look to your video and the ripple voltage on C903 is 20 volts and there was no power given to the speakers, it's too high. So the C903 capacitor is not 80uF anymore. Also the ripple voltage you measured before on C906 is also much too high, so that capacitor is gone.
When those capacitors are replaced, the hum will also disapear. The smal signal what where moving around I think that is no problem. It's too less, because you switched the measuring voltage to a small value and then the movements are millivolts.

Reactions: 1 user
OK. I have just tested the cap values. The cans all check out. c906 does not have it's value.

File name corresponds with cap under test.

Attachments

• c902.jpg
    c902.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 191
  • c903.jpg
    c903.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 177
  • c904.jpg
    c904.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 176
  • c905.jpg
    c905.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 167
  • c906.jpg
    c906.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 174
Question about the output transformer of this amp.
Being designed for commercial juke box installation, the OPT has multiple taps for different speaker setups. It also has a tertiary winding for 70v line output duty.

Now, the B+ is 365v, and the tertiary winding is center tapped (I.e. 35-0-35) and is therefore around 10% of the primary.

Could this winding be adapted for cathode feedback?

Hi,
I found the schema's, I hope they will help you repearing the amp. They did to me. :)
This has been the only Schematic that I have found that matches the schematics that were used on my r4359a. Do you by chance know where you got the schematic that is titled "Main-Amp-Comp"? I am restoring my amplifier with new resistors and capacitors, but I can't seem to find a parts diagram for this amp. Thank you for any help that you can provide!