• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Parallel single ended or push-pull?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Same efficiency as SE, but distortion cancellation is a wonderful thing. Especially if you have say a class AB SE stage... :bigeyes:

Yes, SE works fine for any other class.. RF amps are tuned, so nuts to the distortion and they can use SE class C... you'll never see class AB SE in audio of course since part of the positive output cycle is um what's the word, missing!
Of course, the wonderful combination of high impedance cutoff conditions and distortion-cancelling PP makes it a wonderfully useful topology.

Tim

SY said:
P-P will give you lower distortion, higher efficiency, and better power supply rejection.

Me to!I also prefer the push pull option!!!

To Jean François!

You will find here ,so many opinions, as people in this forum...;)

Try both!....After that, you will have your own opinion...and you have learned in the process... :)

Salut!!

making a decision.

I guess the best way to go would be to make a PP first.
That way you get a good amp and 'enough' power .

Then make an SE - possibly the best you can stretch and afford.
If that is far better , dump the PP and keep the SE!! At least pick a design that uses the same power tubes .
Do PSE's really suck ?
Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.