• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

2K2M Tubes...any use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have several pieces of this GOLDEN TUBES... Looking at Google It only reveal this design... http://www.anc-tv.ne.jp/~suzuki3/amp_at20/image2.gif
and the Rodina Radio...

Did anybody use this tube in their hi-fi amp or preamp? I want to see any triode curve or any audio application?

Attachments

• 2K2M_3.jpg
    2K2M_3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 2K2M.pdf
    161.2 KB · Views: 110
Here you go

http://frank.pocnet.net/short/054/1/177.pdf

It is a vari-mu pentode so unless you trace the triode strapped curves to find a linear region they wont have much use in audio.

If you want some numbers, using RDH4 triode connection estimates, mu should be around 8, gm 1ma/V and rp 8k. All the same these numbers are useless since it is a vari-mu tube.

If they are Vari Mu pentodes why they are used in early russian radios as pre and output tubes like this ones from GTubes,com

Attachments

• RodinaELS1 by 2k2m.gif
    RodinaELS1 by 2k2m.gif
    84.8 KB · Views: 209
  • sc_rod47.jpg
    sc_rod47.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 189
If they are Vari Mu pentodes why they are used in early russian radios as pre and output tubes like this ones from GTubes,com

The are used as tuned RF amps if I´m not mistaken, nothing to do with audio. The output tubes aren´t actually 2k2m tubes but 2j2m (2Ж2М).

The fact that they are vari-mu doesn´t mean you cant use them in audio, just dont expect to swing their grid 2V without generating massive 2nd harmonic distortion. In a guitar amp it might be quite okay, who knows.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.