• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube based CCS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think Morgan Jones reffers on a CCS for a PSU.I need a CCS for anode load for a triode line stage.
Like Gary Pimm's CCS.But Gary Pimm has more information about SS CCS.I love tubes and I like a tubed CCS.But I need more information.
The new issue of audioXpress has a nice article!!A triode preamp with EL34 for CCS.
But any new information is acceptable!

Ray_moth:can you post a schematic?

EC8010 : You have right for this.
I need it for an anode load for a 12B4A line stage.With
Vg -12.5V
Rk 410R bypassed
Ia 30mA
rp 950R
u 6.4
The anode voltage is as much as I need.I haven't order the power transformer yet.:)

If you want more details let me know.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Well, it is possible to use a pentode as an anode load, but it's not usually worth it - a high-mu triode is simpler and lower distortion. I'm guessing that Va is about 100V. Your best option is to turn the stage into a mu-follower using a 6C45 triode as the upper valve.

Attachments

• 12b4a.gif
    12b4a.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 426
may i ask, out of curiosity, why so much idle current? it would seem for most linestage type applications, you could get away with 10mA or even less depending on what your load looks like.

I agree with EC. I think a hi mu triode is practially as good a a pentode and easier to do.

In fact, if you were hanging around in 6922 territory, I think you could make a very respectable mu-follower with two 6922s.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.